15 ways to gain an indulgence in the Year of St. Joseph
Friday, February 26, 2021
- Participate in a spiritual retreat for at least one day that includes a meditation on St. Joseph.
- Pray for St. Joseph’s intercession for the unemployed that they might find dignifying work.
- Recite the Litany of St. Joseph for persecuted Christians.
- Entrust one’s daily work and activity to the protection of St. Joseph the Worker.
- Follow St. Joseph’s example in performing a corporal work of mercy.
- Perform one of the spiritual works of mercy.
- Pray the Rosary together with one’s family in order that “all Christian families may be stimulated to recreate the same atmosphere of intimate communion, love and prayer that was the Holy Family.”
- Engaged couples can also receive an indulgence from praying the rosary together.
- Meditate for at least 30 minutes on the Lord’s Prayer.
- Pray an approved prayer on St. Joseph Sunday.
- Celebrate the feast of St. Joseph on March 19th with an act of piety.
- Pray an approved prayer to St. Joseph on the 19th of any month.
- Honor St. Joseph with an act of piety or approved prayer on a Wednesday.
- Pray to St. Joseph on the Feast of the Holy Family on December 29th.
- Celebrate the feast of St. Joseph the Worker on May 1st. with an act of piety or prayer.