We are a Why Catholic Parish!
One of the greatest benefits of Small Faith Communities (SFC) is their witness as Catholics taking responsibility for their own faith life and spiritual growth. Recently I was an observer at a parish Small Christian Community meeting that was setting its vision for the future. The members felt that the Church's call for the new evangelization and the witness given by Pope Francis in living out the faith was an opportunity to revisit their roots.
At the conclusion of the conference, the following vision emerged: "The root of the Small Christian Community is responding to being called to live a life of Christian values, to carry a sense of the Lord today, and witness a renewal of vision."
The Why Catholic program was implemented by the Archdiocese of Miami in our parish in February 2014. It is a four year program.
“May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit”
Affordable Housing, Gun Violence and School Discipline
Join our Justice Ministry at Nehemiah Action Assembly on:
- Monday, March 27th at St. James Catholic Church, (13155 NW 7th Ave.), Miami.
The Don & Mary Anne Shula Scholarship applications are now available in our parish office. The deadline to turn in your application is March 31st.
This is a great opportunity for a deserving student who wishes to continue a High School Catholic Education and is in good standing with the Church.
Starting A fresh from Christ
- Friday, March 31st from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Saturday, April 1st from 9:00am to 5:30pm
Emmaus Brothers are offering a Breakfast, BBQ and a Garage Sale on April 2, 2017.
- Women’s Emmaus retreat in Spanish will be May 19 - 21, 2017.
- Men’s Emmaus Retreat in Spanish will be in December 8, 2017.
Funds to reduce your parish debt
The second collection TODAY provides funds to reduce your parish debt. Please give generously.
Lenten & Easter Schedule
Stations of the Cross takes place on Fridays during Lent at
- 6:00pm in English,
- 7:00pm in Spanish,
- 8:00pm in Portuguese.
- Palm Sunday: April 9th, regular Mass schedule.
- Taizé Prayer Service (Bilingual): Wednesday, April 12th at 7:30pm.
- Holy Thursday: Morning Prayer: April 13th at 8:30am.
- Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper (multilingual): April 13th at 7:30pm.
- Good Friday: Morning Prayer (Spa): April 14th at 8:30am.
- Stations of the Cross (Spa): April 14th at 12:00noon.
- Stations of the Cross: April 14th at 3:00pm.
- The Passion of Our Lord (Eng): April 14th at 6:30pm.
- Parish Procession: April 14th at 7:30pm.
- The Passion of Our Lord (Spa): April 14th at 8:30pm followed by Adoration in the Chapel. Today you will have the opportunity to help Christians in the Holy Land by contributing to the special collection.
- Morning Prayer (Eng): Holy Saturday, April 15th at 8:30am.
- Blessing of the Easter Baskets: April 15th at 12:00noon.
- Easter Vigil Mass (multilingual): April 15th at 8:00pm.
- Easter Sunday (Liturgy in Eng): April 16th, 8:30am & 10:30am.
- Easter Sunday (Liturgy in Spa): April 16th, 12:30pm & 6:00pm.
Lenten requirements: For those 14 years and older, all the Fridays of Lent are days of Abstinence from meat. Good Friday is a day of fasting (one full meal and two smaller ones, eating between meals is not permitted) for those between the ages of 18 & 60 years.
Catechumens receive their Sacraments at the Easter Vigil Mass
Catechumens must attend the next Two Sundays for the Scrutiny’s, at the 10:30am Mass. Catechumens receive their Sacraments at the Easter Vigil Mass on Saturday April 15th at 8:00pm.
May 7th at the 10:30am Mass.
1st Holy Communion
May 7th at the 10:30am Mass.
Coming this April to St. Joseph. For more information on how to be a part of this program, please see Adam in the Faith Formation Office.
Sessions have begun. Join a small community today by calling the parish office for scheduled times and location.
Faith Formation Corner
What our children Pray for:
- Marie - I pray for the elderly.
- Jose - I prayed for the needy.
- Fabrizio –I prayed for the homeless.
How children express their talents:
- Jacqueline—Loving my grandparents.
- Anthony - Assist my grandmother to walk up steps.
- Lucia –I helped my brother read a book.
Parish Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, a 10 day
October 1st to October 10th
Pilgrimage in the Footsteps of Jesus!! Don’t be left out reserve your seat today, call Daniel Fedro at 305-510-9300.
ABCD: Give and You Shall Receive
|Our Goal||$ 106,971.00|
|Pledges So Far||$ 85,907.00|
Thank you to all our parishioners for your generous pledges.
St. Vincent de Paul Society
Distributes bags of food to the needy on Saturdays from the Parish Hall at 9:30am. The second collection on the first weekend of every month helps to fund this program.
|Building Repairs:||$ 1,376.99|
|General Assessment:||$ 3,471.33|
|Prop. Liability:||$ 6,030.21|
|Bank Loan:||$ 7,099.81|
|Salaries & Benefits:||$ 27,934.74|
Collections : $ 32,013.00
Totals : $ 51,095.19
Deficit : $ 19,082.19